TERPENES in Full Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil
The therapeutic parts of the hemp plant that have gotten the most attention are Cannabinoids, namely Cannabidiol, or CBD for short. CBD is the star of the show in our full spectrum hemp CBD oils. Another, often overlooked, part of the hemp plant that offers many health benefits is Terpenes. Both cannabinoids and terpenes are beneficial chemical compounds found in hemp plants. But they are not the same thing. does not have any of the beneficial terpenes intact.
Think of the last time you smelled the fresh scent of a rose or pine needles: those unique fragrances come from the terpenes that those plants contain. Terpenes are the compounds that are responsible for the aroma of the hemp and other plants.
Terpenes are found in the oils produced by plants and flowers. The terpenes that are present in hemp are responsible for its smell and flavour. Bioactive terpenes are known to affect the human body in positive ways. Different terpenes have a different chemical make ups, and therefore will have different effects on our bodies. Certain terpenes have significant benefits to the body and can help alleviate various symptoms
TYPES OF TERPENES AND THEIR BENEFITS
Here are the six major types of terpenes found in hemp and their unique uses:
- Sedating and relaxing effects, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial
- Aroma similar to musk, clove citrus
- Found naturally in mango, citrus, thyme, etc.
- Improves memory retention and alertness
- Anti-inflammatory, useful as a bronchodilator for asthma
- Aroma is like pine trees
- Found in the resins of many conifer trees, basil and dill
- Stress relief and mood elevation, anti-depressant, anti-anxiety
- Helpful for gastric reflux and as an antifungal
- Citrusy aroma
- Found naturally in peppermint, citrus, and juniper
- Serves as an antioxidant, in alleviating muscle spasms, inflammation, insomnia, and pain.
- Aromas include pepper, wood, and spice
- Found in cloves, rosemary and hops
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and pain relief; suppresses appetite
- Wood-like and earthy aroma
- Found in hops and coriander
- Sedating and calming effects. Useful for insomnia, stress, depression, anxiety, pain, and convulsions
- Floral, spice, and citrus aromas
- Found in lavender, laurel, birch, citrus, and rosewood